Translate

Thursday 19 July 2012

Where is the motivation?

I was super excited about doing this.

That went away as the drudgery of work set in again...

But every time I think about it, the excitement returns and it just makes sense. I know it can be done, I'm pretty positive there would be the support for it, and if the goal is distance and speed, it should be able to be accomplished in relatively little time. Other transglobal car journeys seem to take upwards of 500+ days to complete. I'd like to cover a larger distance, a more thorough expedition across the globe, but in less time. 9-10 months, why not? It's not about sight seeing or luxury travelling, it's about taking a Honda to the edge and back again.

Since I have a lot of other stuff to set in order and get moving in my life, outside of my car interests, it seems to make sense to take the time to plan the route first. Plenty of research will need to be done, determining the best course to accomplish the route in the least amount of time and least amount of doubling back or re-entering specific geographical regions.

There are many countries that have such horrible diplomatic relations that travelling into one renders entering the next nearly impossible. I am curious if there are actually mainland countries we will have to fully avoid for political reasons.

Task number one is to deal with South America. I anticipate starting the expedition in Tierra del Fuego, making the trip north through the Americas and heading across to Asia after.

Is the Bering Strait passable in a Honda under the right conditions? Doubtful, but I'll have to look into it.

Time to buckle down, prioritise and start being productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment